10.10.14

A hand made thumb ring

I made thumb rings out of a billiard ball.  I made total 3 of them, and 2 of them were failed, but the 3rd one was good. 




The first thumb ring.  I made it too small, and it did not fit that well.




This is the 2nd one.  It was ok, but the fitment was still not good.  This one is called "Sugakkji", which means male thumb ring.  It is called that way because of the belly, sticking out from the ring.  This kind of ring was used for heavy bows.




The 3rd one, that I am using currently.  I took a lot more time to make this one to fit my thumb.  It shoots well, and I like it.  However, I am going to make another male thumb ring for the future, because I have small and girly hands, I need a male thumb ring to use heavier bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment